• 4 Tallgrass Beef boneless strip steaks (3-lbs. total, 1-inch thick)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp. cracked black pepper
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/4 c. chopped onion
• 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 and 1/2 c. dry red wine
• 1 c. canned condensed beef broth
• 1/2 tsp. dark brown sugar
Season both sides of the steaks liberally with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add steaks. Lower heat to medium; cook, turning once, 4 minutes per side for rare, 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, and 8 minutes per side for well-done. Remove to warm platter; keep warm.
Add onion to skillet; cook until browned, stirring, 2 minutes. Add half the rosemary, half the garlic and cook, stirring, 20 seconds. Add wine. Increase heat to high; boil vigorously 2 minutes. Add broth, sugar and meat juices that have collected on platter. Boil 10 minutes more or until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 cup. Add remaining rosemary and garlic. Pour over steaks and serve.