• 1 and 1/4-lbs. Tallgrass Beef ground beef
• 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely minced
• 1/8 tsp. ground black or seasoned pepper
• 1 tsp. mild ground chile
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese, or 1/2 c. shredded Mexican blend of cheeses
• 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
• 1 can (4-oz.) chopped mild green chili peppers, drained
• 4 large slices of sweet onion
• 1 medium-sized tomato, sliced
• 4 leaves lettuce, romaine or your favorite
• Chunky salsa, fresh or purchased
Mix ground beef with garlic, pepper, ground chili, and salt in large bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
Preheat grill. Cook burgers and flip when half-way done. Finish cooking to desired doneness. Just before serving place cheese on burger. Top each bun in this order: hamburger patty, cheese, green chili peppers, onion, tomato and lettuce.
Serve burgers with dish of salsa on side. Serves 4.